Thursday, November 17, 2011

Fanfiction rec: "Almost Everything I Wish I'd Said" by hey-torch, rated M for dark themes/subject-matter including implied torture & rape, incomplete, angst/horror, Ron/Hermione, Deathly Hallows AU.

The following recommendation was originally posted in the a/n of Chapter 23 of my fic, Coming to Term:

"Almost Everything I Wish I'd Said" by hey-torch, rated M for dark themes/subject-matter including implied torture & rape, incomplete, angst/horror, Ron/Hermione, Deathly Hallows AU.

I'll keep it short & sweet: Once I got past the first few chapters, which were riddled with misspellings & typos, it developed into an AMAZING story. Seriously. I'm even ignoring the fact that the dialogue is punctuated incorrectly. It's simultaneously angsty, horrific, sweet, suspenseful, and a ton of other things. It's listed under the genres of "angst/horror," but I personally think "romance/hurt/comfort" would be more fitting; "suspense/drama" would also work. Anyway, you have to check out this fic when you have the chance, but be warned - it's quite dark, and poor Hermione experiences horrific abuses (mostly implied). It's listed under my favorites. Read it. And then be courteous & leave a well-earned review. And then PM the author to beg for an update as quickly as possible. (I actually woke up with an update notification for this story in my inbox this morning, & it took a LOT of will-power not to drop everything in favor of reading it.)

Happy reading, writing, & reviewing!

-Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment