Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fanfiction rec: "Say What You Need to Say" by librawriter, George/Angelina, rated M, complete

The following review was originally posted in my author's notes of Chapter 18 of my fic "Coming to Term":

Fanfic Pic:

"Say What You Need to Say" by librawriter, rated M for sexual content, George/Angelina, romance/hurt/comfort, complete, listed under my favorites.

I fell absolutely in love with this author's page-turning angst when I stumbled upon "Always and Forever," so when I looked at her author profile and discovered that she has a completed (even though it's not marked as being so) George/Angelina fic, I knew I had to give it a try, and I was NOT disappointed.

It was just as angsty as A&F—perhaps a little TOO angsty at parts, particularly the parts involving George's infidelity at the start of their rocky relationship, but it made the fic that much more powerful. I've never felt so many emotions while reading one fanfic piece: I hated George through much of it, but then I felt so sad for him that I actually got a bit teary-eyed a couple of times; I was irritated with Angelina for putting up with (for the most part) George's behavior, yet I empathized with her. I don't wanna say too much about the ending, but let's just say it was satisfying. ;)

The grammar wasn't perfect, at times the characters seemed a bit bland, and there were a few notable mistakes, such as the word "Transformation" instead of "Transfiguration," and Angelina saw a doctor rather than a Healer. Yet when I finished this fic I was left itching for more, which is the mark of a good storyteller. If you're a fan of angstier fics, I would definitely recommend giving this one a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment